More than 40 years ago Lyceum Insurance Services was founded with a single goal: to maximize health while minimizing risk, for our employer clients as well as for their employees and dependents.
Since that time hundreds of clients have chosen to partner with our company, and new clients are added every year. We’re understandably proud of all of our client relationships – clients that have worked with us for months or years, and clients that we’ve been privileged to serve for decades.
We help human resources professionals improve employee experience and retention
- Create a clear benefits strategy with specific and measurable milestones for the future
- Craft a benefits plan that helps you recruit and retain top employee talent
- Ensure that employees truly understand and appreciate the benefits you make available to them
- Foster a culture of wellness in your workplace and in the lives of your employees and their dependents
- Take advantage of new HR technologies to save time and money for your organization
- Enhance data-driven decision making with real-time workforce and benefits information
- Meet your compliance and regulatory requirements for The ACA, ERISA and The Department of Labor
About the Owner
Steve Blair is the President of Lyceum Insurance Services, a privately held family business that’s served the local Maryland communities for over 40 years. Lyceum Insurance Services is the largest independent brokerage in Maryland, specializing in employee benefits solutions for small and medium-sized companies. Fiercely independent, Steve is a champion of small businesses and labor-friendly policies, deeply passionate about upholding the rights and freedoms of the individual. With a wealth of experience as an employee benefits consultant, Steve possesses a deep understanding of the needs and challenges faced by organizations in today’s dynamic marketplace.
Having worked as an officer in the US Navy and as the Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Benefits Plus, Inc., Steve has cultivated skills of discipline and strategy along with an advanced understanding of market principles to bring to his role at Lyceum Insurance Services. Steve holds a degree from Maryland University, majoring in Finance and Marketing.
With the diverse background of experiences these roles and others have worked to build in his life, Steve is well equipped to support and advocate for the several nonprofits he’s partnered with, including the Board of Wineburg Center of the Arts, Fitsi, Mobile Medical Care, and the CJ3 Foundation for wounded veterans. Supporting and working with him every single step of the way is his family, including his wife Janice, and his three sons and two daughters. Janice is heavily involved as a partner in Lyceum and works closely with Steve to ensure every potential challenge and obstacle is overcome.
Steve’s unwavering dedication, expertise, and commitment as a husband, father, leader, and market expert makes him a trusted advisor and an invaluable asset to any businesses seeking to optimize their employee benefits programs.