Why It’s Important to Educate Your Employees on Their Benefits Packages
Employers are responsible for educating their employees on their benefits packages. When properly educated on their options, employees can make informed decisions about their benefits. It can also increase employees’ engagement with benefits and may even improve their opinion of their employer when they understand the many benefits provided for their physical, mental and financial well-being. When employees properly use benefits packages, employees are more likely to remain healthy, productive and present. Plus, the more employees who sign up to participate in plans, the lower your group premium costs may be.
How to Educate Employees on Their Benefits Packages
The following are a few ways to help ensure that employees are sufficiently educated about their benefits:
- Provide year-round benefits information rather than only educating employees during open enrollment periods.
- Bring in representatives from your benefits provider to discuss their coverage with employees.
- Record webinars and share them with employees so they can be watched whenever it works best with their personal schedule.
- Use all available methods of internal communications, such as emails, newsletters and blogs, to continue sharing details about benefits.
- When it’s time for open enrollment, ensure your team receives frequent reminders to sign up for coverage.
- If you have employees whose first language isn’t English, provide bilingual support to help them understand their benefits.
Common Questions Employees Have About Benefits
The following are some of employees’ most common questions about their benefits. Keep them in mind while creating communications for your team.
- How do I calculate out-of-pocket costs once health insurance claims are processed?
- How do I determine which providers are in network?
- What is a deductible?
- What is the annual out-of-pocket limit on my plan?
- How will my health benefits impact me come tax time?
- When can I enroll in health benefits?
- What’s the difference between a deductible and a premium?
- What are voluntary benefits?
- Are mental health services covered?
Employee Benefits in Monrovia, MD
If you are interested in learning more about available employee benefits and how to communicate them to your team, contact Lyceum Insurance Services. Our goal is to maximize health and minimize risk for your organization and your employees, so your whole team can thrive in today’s complex benefits environment. From initial investigation to proposal analysis and carrier negotiation, from plan launch to ongoing support throughout the benefits year, we’ll help you deliver customized benefits that fit your needs and goals.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.
Categories: Employee Benefits